What is impotence?
Urologist-andrologist Clinic Dr. Vojta
- Impotence (from the Latin. Impotentia – “weakness”) – is the inability of man to rise and maintain an erection adequate for the full sexual intercourse.
Since 1992, refering to this problem, doctors all over the world use the term “erectile dysfunction”, the word “impotence” is now rare in the narrow physician circle. However, no matter how it is called a pathological condition, its relevance is not lost and is manifested every year by millions of men, disrupting the natural course of their lives.
It is believed that reduced potency mostly happens to men in elderly age, but it is not true: a weak erection, for whatever reasons, can be observed in young men. Still, it appears most often between the ages of 35 to 70 years: according to statistics in this period more than 52% of men suffer from this disease. About one in three men over 40 occasionally has problems with potency.
Causes of Impotence:
All causes of erectile dysfunction are divided into two large groups – organic when there is any violation of the body, and psychological, which are due only to the peculiarities of the psyche of the patient. In practice, the most frequent combination of these reasons.
Psychogenic impotence is most common for young men. These causes happen because of permanent stress, fear of failure in sexual relationships, conflict relationships with a partner, etc. Sometimes, it occurs as an expression of various psychiatric diseases, such as in a hidden or explicit: schizophrenia, depression and so forth. Thus psychogenic erectile dysfunction occur, usually sudden, often accompany them lack of sexual desire and orgasm.
Depending on the origin, the following types of organic erectile dysfunction:
- • Hormone – due to a decrease in the number of male sex hormones in the blood
- • neurogenic – occurs when the injury of the spinal cord, and perineum, stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, as well as after surgery on the pelvic organs;
- • Cardiovascular (vasculogenic) – develops due to inadequate arterial inflow (arterial insufficiency), violations venokklyuozivnogo mechanism (venokklyuozivnaya dysfunction) or a combination of these pathologies (mixed or arteriovenous form); Its causes are factors such as atherosclerosis, coronary artery disease, hypertension, functional vascular injury, violation of the mechanical properties of the corpora cavernosa of the penis, smoking.
Vascular causes of erectile dysfunction make up the most common group of causes. During an erection there is a significant change in the circulation of blood in the penis – a sharp increase in the flow of blood through the arteries and practically blocked the outflow of blood through the veins. This gives rise to two groups and vascular causes erectile disorders:
- • insufficient blood flow through the arteries to the penis (arterial insufficiency);
- • excessive discharge of blood during erection the veins (venous insufficiency)
Only the precise definition of the causes of erectile dysfunction (impotence) allows urologist appoint effective treatment of this complex disease. Dear Sirs! It is not necessary to suffer, suffer and hope for a miracle. You should always consult a doctor, and you can try the most famous drugs such as Sildenafil Citrate. Entrust your problems experienced physicians Family Clinic Dr. Voigt. Protecting your health, we can help restore your energy and harmony in the relationship.